Some of the most common comments I get from people when they see our big family or hear we have four kids is “I don’t know how you do it all!” I get it. It comes from a place of them trying to wrap their head around all the moving parts. And today, I’d love to share with you the tips and tricks I have found to be most helpful in trying to set up our week successfully.Continue reading
Hey Mama…you struggling to go to sleep at night? Are you tossing and turning?
I have heard more than ever that people’s sleep is being affected. No doubt there is a lot of anxious energy in the air with the political environment coming to a head, the never-ending pandemic, school in and outs, etc. No wonder we are having a hard time sleeping.
Studies show that we, as Mamas– meaning you and me – are largely incapable of realizing that we’re sleep deprived.
Or maybe we DO REALIZE IT and are begging for a solid night sleep around here.
When you’re sleep deprived, you’re largely unable to perform your best, look your best, and feel your best…
The truth of the matter is, that there’s nothing that will break you faster than poor sleep.
(Can I get a box of tissues please?! I seriously turn on my water works as soon as I have a poor night’s sleep)
On the flip side, there’s nothing that will improve your health, mood, and performance more (and more quickly) then sleeping well.
If you’re tired of being tired and ready for quality, restorative sleep, then you need to check out my friend Dr. Kirk Parsley’s Sleep Remedy.
It was originally developed for Navy SEALs, but it’s safe and effective for business owners, athletes, and stay-at-home moms and dads.
To get 10% OFF Sleep Remedy today so you can start getting great sleep tomorrow, click the link below, and input the code wholistichearts at checkout
15 Things I Would Say to My Younger Mama Self
- God gave you your children for a reason. You are the mama for the job. RECEIVE that truth. Believe it to the core of your being.
- Put the “How to ….” Book down. First, lean in and study your child. You will see and notice things that a book won’t tell you about.
- Trust your mama gut.
- Put down your phone. Be present.
- Love the current stage they are in.
- Write memories down.
- Journal your heart- the good, the bad, the ugly.
- LET GO OF MOM GUILT. It ain’t helpin’ nobody.
- Set up boundaries for yourself and for others especially when you are in the beginnings of motherhood and trying to balance out life situations/relationships.
- Be intentional fill your cup during nap times. I don’t know about you but doing laundry won’t ever fill my cup.
- Accept what Life is- the more you resist, the more we lose out on focusing what the Lord is teaching us in the moment.
- Invest in counseling/coaching now. Everyone around you will thank you.
- Listen to your body. Your body is always whispering things. Take a moment each day and admire the beautiful creation it is and support it the best way you know how.
- Mama, you are not alone. Find a group of friends to do life with. Be vulnerable. Be honest. Be real. It’s worth it.
- Dig into who God has created you to be. You are created for this season, this moment, these children, this family…ask God for His vision and get after it.
Listen to Kristin’s latest podcast episode for more about looking back at the younger years of motherhood…
Wholistic Hearts: A Mother’s Wholehearted Christian Approach to Spiritual Growth and Transformational Healing
Pursuing holistic wellness will inevitably require looking at our nutrition. Today on Wholistic Hearts, I interview my long time mentor, transformational wellness coach, and friend- Ashley Brooke Harbour.
When working with clients, Brooke teaches us the most aligned way to pursue holistic wellness. With the New Year we can be pushing and grasping for a new workout program and new diet plan. However, through the approach of understanding the WHOLE person, we can navigate our approach to wellness by setting intentions.
We have to consider the WHOLE picture of someone’s life as we go after healing and wellness. When coaching clients Brooke looks at the person’s lifestyle, mindset, and beliefs because it plays an important role in the approach of transformation.
For more information on Transformational Health Coaching, find Brooke @transformationalhealthllc on IG.
To work with me on Holistic Coaching, click here.
Want More Encouragement?
Kristin would love to come alongside you to help you navigate the stretching times of motherhood. She offers Spiritual Breakthrough Coaching and you can check it out below.