“Healthier” Choices for Halloween Candy for Kids
Dye Free/Corn Free/Gluten Free
For many years I would dread Halloween because I knew a battle was coming. Not only would I dread it, but it was such a disappointment for my kids at school parties or after the trick-or-treat walk-a-thon, they would hear us say, “No,” to every candy they just received. The reason I had to say no was they each had allergies and sensitivities to multiple foods. I would battle in my mind if the initial saying “no” was worth the battle that would ensue afterward if they did opt in to ingesting these candies.
As a young mama, this would be so overwhelming. Thankfully the world has started to understand and create candies which kids with sensitivities can enjoy. And for that I am so grateful.
The years have rolled on, and we have come up with some stellar swap-outs! We still modify and adjust our kiddos candy stash after they Trick-or-Treat but at least this mama is not stressed, and my kids can enjoy feeling like they haven't missed out.
Below is a compiled list of Dye Free/Corn Free/Gluten Free candy. I am well aware there are other allergies like nuts and dairy so you'll have to double check our list (Dye Free/Gluten Free/Corn Free) before you purchase.
My heart is to encourage you, Mama, and to make this fun little holiday be stress free.
1. Swap Starbursts with YumEarth Organic Chews.
2. Swap Dye Filled M&M's for Unreal Chocolate Candy.
3. Swap Skittles for YumEarth Organic Giggles.
4. Swap Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for a Nut-Free Option, Free 2B Dark Chocolate Sun Cups.
5. Swap the Candy Corn for YumEarth Candy Corn.
6. Swap the Dum-Dums for YumEarth Organic Lollipops.
7. Swap the Sour Patch Kids for YumEarth Sour Beans.
8. Try these fun Skull and Sour Vikings candy.
*Thanks for using my above Amazon Affiliate links! It helps support my small business.
Do you have a favorite Candy alternative for kids? Or let's be honest, for adults too. Comment below!