15 Things I Would Say to My Younger Mama Self
- God gave you your children for a reason. You are the mama for the job. RECEIVE that truth. Believe it to the core of your being.
- Put the “How to ….” Book down. First, lean in and study your child. You will see and notice things that a book won’t tell you about.
- Trust your mama gut.
- Put down your phone. Be present.
- Love the current stage they are in.
- Write memories down.
- Journal your heart- the good, the bad, the ugly.
- LET GO OF MOM GUILT. It ain’t helpin’ nobody.
- Set up boundaries for yourself and for others especially when you are in the beginnings of motherhood and trying to balance out life situations/relationships.
- Be intentional fill your cup during nap times. I don’t know about you but doing laundry won’t ever fill my cup.
- Accept what Life is- the more you resist, the more we lose out on focusing what the Lord is teaching us in the moment.
- Invest in counseling/coaching now. Everyone around you will thank you.
- Listen to your body. Your body is always whispering things. Take a moment each day and admire the beautiful creation it is and support it the best way you know how.
- Mama, you are not alone. Find a group of friends to do life with. Be vulnerable. Be honest. Be real. It’s worth it.
- Dig into who God has created you to be. You are created for this season, this moment, these children, this family…ask God for His vision and get after it.
Listen to Kristin’s latest podcast episode for more about looking back at the younger years of motherhood…
Wholistic Hearts: A Mother’s Wholehearted Christian Approach to Spiritual Growth and Transformational Healing
I sat across the table from my client as we discussed what she wanted to accomplish in the next couple weeks. She has been such a gift in my life and has taught me so much more than she can imagine. Her young heart open and ready to dig in inspires me weekly as we meet. A little whisper entered my mind to spur her on even further into a relationship with God and out of my mouth I say, “What about you make an encounter on your own?” Her eyes lit up with excitement and anticipation. I can tell you as I read her written encounter, I stepped into an intimate place where I could imagine being right with Jesus in a particular unique way- in her voice, in her experience. I loved every minute of it. I couldn’t be more fulfilled than to see my client step into the spirit and say yes to Jesus leading her exactly where she needed. In turn, it blessed me eternally. And today, I want to share Kristin Good’s encounter with you. Encounter Jesus today.
As always, if you need a spiritual coach to help you navigate how to go deeper into your intimacy with God, please contact me email@example.com. Let’s set up a free Transformational Call. Head to https://kristinfieldschadwick.com to set up the call.
Want More Encouragement?
Kristin would love to come alongside you to help you navigate the stretching times of motherhood. She offers Spiritual Breakthrough Coaching and you can check it out below.