15 Things I Would Say to My Younger Mama Self
- God gave you your children for a reason. You are the mama for the job. RECEIVE that truth. Believe it to the core of your being.
- Put the “How to ….” Book down. First, lean in and study your child. You will see and notice things that a book won't tell you about.
- Trust your mama gut.
- Put down your phone. Be present.
- Love the current stage they are in.
- Write memories down.
- Journal your heart- the good, the bad, the ugly.
- LET GO OF MOM GUILT. It ain't helpin' nobody.
- Set up boundaries for yourself and for others especially when you are in the beginnings of motherhood and trying to balance out life situations/relationships.
- Be intentional fill your cup during nap times. I don't know about you but doing laundry won't ever fill my cup.
- Accept what Life is- the more you resist, the more we lose out on focusing what the Lord is teaching us in the moment.
- Invest in counseling/coaching now. Everyone around you will thank you.
- Listen to your body. Your body is always whispering things. Take a moment each day and admire the beautiful creation it is and support it the best way you know how.
- Mama, you are not alone. Find a group of friends to do life with. Be vulnerable. Be honest. Be real. It's worth it.
- Dig into who God has created you to be. You are created for this season, this moment, these children, this family…ask God for His vision and get after it.
Listen to Kristin's latest podcast episode for more about looking back at the younger years of motherhood…
Wholistic Hearts: A Mother's Wholehearted Christian Approach to Spiritual Growth and Transformational Healing
Wholistic Hearts podcast is a wholehearted Christian approach to spiritual growth and transformational healing. Kristin Fields Chadwick- host, Christian Life Coach, and fellow mama. She is a recovering “box checker of all things“, a lover of delighting in Jesus and an encourager and coach to other women who are hungry for more. She brings to the mic her own transformational faith-filled journey to help guide you to experience a life full of wonder and joy in the midst of everyday life while also holding space for areas of validation. Living holistically offers the opportunity to go after spiritual growth, emotional healing, and physical healing. This is where the rubber meets the road and transformation happens. Together we will explore how to fully live, tap into who we are created to be and choose intentionally and mindfully while empowering others in our pathways.
Pause for three minutes and connect with Papa God. Ask your Father of Heaven, “How do you feel about what I am facing or what I have gone through?”
For more go to @kristinfieldschadwick on Instagram.
“The Changing Tides” Brent Wood
Want More Encouragement?
Kristin would love to come alongside you to help you navigate the stretching times of motherhood. She offers Spiritual Breakthrough Coaching and you can check it out below.