12 Ways to Promote Wellness This Holiday Season
Hey Friend, I’m really tired of so much of the media putting the emphasis on how to prevent covid.
What if we took the same energy we expend on worrying about getting covid and used it to bring health and wellness? Today I wanted to share on my podcast 12 ways to promote wellness during this holiday season and to be frank, for the rest of your life. Each suggestion is a way we can deposit wellness into our lives. To hear more from each category, take a listen to the full episode up above.
- Move your body– Movement helps flush out toxins and it spurs on the body’s natural defense system *Note: Too much working out can actually create a negative effect by increasing your cortisol which taxes your adrenals, so make sure you listen to your body!
- Water Intake– In the words of Rachel Hollis, “Drink the stupid water.” Drink about half your body weight in water. This is a great way for your body to eliminate toxins. My favorite water bottle will always be the classic Nalgene.
- Check your poop. Is your poop healthy? A great chart for checking the health of your poop is the Bristol Chart. You want a good healthy poo, that is once or twice a day…type 4 or 5. It should smell like poo but not death.
- Probiotics– Find a good bacteria to help promote a great healthy gut biome. Switch out your probiotics every few months to really encourage different types of bacteria. I am currently taking this one.
- Meditation- Meditation has been found to help ease anxiety, tension, worries and allow space for your mind to settle into a peaceful state. Of course, you know, I love doing Encounters- which can be found on my podcast in various episodes. And I love using the app Soul Space.
- Breath work- Did you know it only takes 3 minutes of the lack of oxygen is all it takes to do damage to our body. Breathing is the most important pumping system in our body! It sends out toxins and also allows oxygen to go to vital organs. Breathing builds our immunity, helps process emotion and trauma.
- Purpose/Vision- “Where there is no vision, the people perish.”- Proverbs 29:18
- Sauna- the amazing benefits of infrared saunas is stellar: read this detailed article by Rhonda at Found My Fitness https://www.foundmyfitness.com/topics/sauna
- Supplements- Our favorites around here are Juice Plus, Liquid Vitamin D3/K2, Probiotics, Vitamin C, and a solid trustworthy multivitamin like Pure Encapsulations.
- Get outside…Go for a walk, bike ride, hike.
- Connect– we are built for connection! Reach out to loved ones through FaceTime or zoom or letters!
- Get Grounded- Dig into the Word, ground yourself in prayer, in relationship with Your Heavenly Father.
These 12 things will help you not be a victim but be proactive in you taking control of your health. You have been empowered to make decisions for your body which will bring life. If you do get sick, for the Love, do not heap shame on yourself. That is of the enemy. And don’t you dare shame someone else. Help support your body, love your body, and listen to your body.
I will leave you with this verse 3 John 1:2 “Beloved friend I pray that you are prospering in every way and that you continually enjoy good health, just as your soul is prospering.”
Thanks for listening or reading the show! Let me know in the comments below what you are doing to stay healthy this holiday season!
*I am an Amazon Affiliate. So any link you click on here it helps me do my business well. I say thanks! It means a lot.